Dwayne Gylywoychuk | ChPC | Consultant - Coaching
firstname.lastname@example.org | W: (204) 489 - 7465 | C: (204) 761-7615
Dwayne was born and raised in Winnipeg Manitoba where he played minor hockey, and at the age of 16 he went on to play 5 years in the WHL for the Brandon Wheat Kings where he attended 2 NHL Training camps. After his Junior Career he went on to a 9-year professional career in various leagues in North America and Europe. Upon retirement from professional hockey Dwayne got into coaching with his former junior club in Brandon. He spent 9 years as a full-time assistant coach and one season as the head coach.
Over the last several year Dwayne has been involved internationally at both the male and female divisions most recently winning a silver medal at the PyeongChang Winter Olympics in 2018 with the Canadian National Women’s team. Dwayne holds many coaching certifications including being a Certified HP2 NCCP Coach, Chartered Professional Coach (Coaches of Canada) ChPC and is a coach mentor for Hockey Canada and Hockey Manitoba.
- Attended two NHL Training Camp: Hartford 1992 and Dallas 1993
- Played professional hockey in the IHL, ECHL, CHL, WPHL and in England for 9 years
- Starting Coaching career in 2001 with the Brandon Wheat Kings
- Coaching Career included, WHL to Hockey Canada and National Women’s Program and then most recently 2018 PyeongChang Olympics
Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Coaching Highlights include: 2010 Memorial Cup in Brandon & 2018 Winter Olympics
- Certified HP2 NCCP Coach
- Chartered Professional Coach (Coaches of Canada) ChPC 2017
- Served as a consulted to Team Hungary (IIHF), and various hockey organizations across Canada and Manitoba
- Coach Mentor for Hockey Canada, Hockey Manitoba and various other Hockey organizations