The RINK Training Centre will be holding its first annual RINK ID Camp, April 9th-12th, at the RINK Training Centre located at 57 South Landing Drive, Oak Bluff, MB. The 2020 RINK ID Camp is a great opportunity for participants to play with and against some of the best players at their level in front of coaches and recruiters of all levels, learn from the RINK’s professional staff, and get informed about what their future options are with leagues such as the WHL and MJHL and how to get there.
Participants at the RINK ID Camp will play 3 competitive games coached by RINK Hockey Academy Coaches. Participants will take part in one position specific practice led by our certified RINK Player and Goaltender Development Professionals. There will also be informational presentations from the WHL, MJHL, and the RINK Hockey Academy focusing on learning about programs available and development options provided by the RINK Training Centre as a whole. Testify Performance will be running both on and off-ice testing sessions, followed up with detailed assessments available to each individual following the testing as well as off-season training recommendations. Coaches and recruiters from all levels will be in attendance as the 2020 RINK ID Camp is a great opportunity for players to showcase their talents while learning and getting informed on how to take the next step.
The 2020 RINK ID will be in Winnipeg, MB and is open to 2003-2007 born student athletes.
The camp will be split into two age groups:
Under 15 (U15) - 2006 - 2007
Under 18 (U18) - 2003 - 2005
RINK ID Camp is limited to 8 goalies per group and will be selected based upon evaluation and recommendation, not upon a first come first serve basis.
The ID Camp features:
- Three 60 minute games coached by RINK Hockey Academy coaches
- Goalies: 45 minunte position-specific practice led by RINK Goalie Development Coaches
- PLUS an additional 45 minunte practice with skaters
- Forward & Defence: 45 minute position specific practice led by RINK Player Development Coaches
- On & Off-ice testing performed by Testify Performance
- Testing profiles and assessments will be provided to each individual and available for coaches and recruiters in attendance.
- U15 Group Body Contact Learning Session as contact will be permitted in scrimmages
- WHL informational presentation
- MJHL informational presentation
- Sunday Hot Stove Session between games with Special Guests
- Lunches provided Saturday and Sunday
- Towels and Tape provided in the locker rooms and overnight storage for equipment
- 2020 RINK ID Camp Jersey